Uplift on Belled Drilled Pier

I am working on a drilled pier foundation for a pre-engineered metal
building.  There are significant uplift loads on the frames.  I will be
belling the bearing ends of the piers.  For uplift resistance I know I
can use skin friction.  But for the bell contribution, how is uplift
resistance calculated?  Is it the weight of a soil wedge based on the
angle of friction?

Thanks.

Rich

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!