RE: Strap Bracing for Metal Stud Wall

I don't want to open a can of worms (really I don't), but isn't strap
bracing "tension only" bracing which does not satisfy UBC 2213.8.2.3 and
therefore 2213.8.5 applies (limited to 2 story bldgs and design forces
must be multiplied by Omega_sub_o).

Just curious.

Regards,

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)
V/F (949) 248-8588
San Juan Capistrano, CA
http://members.cox.net/ballense/