From: Nels Roselund, SE [mailto:njineer(--nospam--at)att.net]
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 12:38 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: FEMA 310 Replacement?

I've been asked to evaluate an old building based on FEMA 310, Handbook
for
Seismic Evaluation of Buildings -- A Prestandard.  I've recently
received an
announcement of new publications from ASCE; it includes SEI/ASCE31-03,
Seismic Evaluation of Existing Buildings.  The announcement states that
it
is intended to replace FEMA 310.

What kind of recognition does the SEI/ASCE publication have as the
document
to be used in lieu of FEMA 310?

Nels Roselund
Structural Engineer