RE: Proposed roof design

Thanks for all of your comments.

I did get a clarification from the architect in that the "Radiant
Barrier Sheathing" is the diaphragm (uninterupted, attached directly to
framing) and can be of any thickness and any grade required by the
design. The only thing that makes it "special" is that there is a foil
attached to the underside.

Yes, there are other things to work out, but my main concern was/is the
diaphragm integrity.

Regards,

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)
V/F (949) 248-8588
San Juan Capistrano, CA
http://members.cox.net/ballense/