From: Clifford Schwinger <clifford234(--nospam--at)yahoo.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: question on K factors and P-delta analysis
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 10:30:34 -0700 (PDT)

Mark,

Thanks for the response.

Does this mean that if I have a single cantilevered
"flag-pole" column with horizontal and vertical load
applied at the top of the column, I can use K=1 for
design of that cantilevering column as long as I do a
second-order analysis? This is the fundamental issue
that I'm having a problem grasping. I've always just
assumed that if the column was a "flag-pole"
cantilever, then K=2 no matter what kind of analysis
you did.

Thanks.

Cliff Schwinger

--- Mark Gilligan <MarkKGilligan(--nospam--at)compuserve.com>

http://shopping.yahoo.com