Wood Beam Torsion

Dennis:

I would like to help but I'm not sure I understand how the glass rail is supported laterally and attached to the wood rim beam.  Is the 600# load the result of the 30' rail span x 20# / ft.?  Is the 24# / sq. ft. a wind or seismic load?  Normally the top rail spans to line posts at 6' +/- that cantilever off from a rim joist or beam. Is the aluminum track a structural member?  Do we finally have structural glass? :>}

Thanks for your help with my wood beam repair.

Regards
Ray Shreenan