Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
ASD One Third Factor[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: ASD One Third Factor
- From: THunt(--nospam--at)absconsulting.com
- Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 08:05:57 -0700
Every now and again the question of when to use the famous 1/3 increase factor comes up on the list. I just received my October issue of Modern Steel Construction and there is a very nice article that summarizes the load combinations and provides guidance on the 1/3 factor for all the current and recent past codes such as UBC, BOCA, NFPA, IBC, SBC, and all the flavors of ASCE-7.
The article can be download for free at:
Thomas Hunt, S.E.
- Prev by Subject: Re: ASCE7/IBC 2000 minimum wind load
- Next by Subject: ASTM
- Previous by thread: RE: torsion in circular foundations
- Next by thread: Wood continuous beams