RE: Rigid Diaphragm for a L Shaped Building

Kipp,

Be sure to look at item 2 in Table 16-M, 97 UBC for re-entrant corners which refers to Section 1633.2.9 items 6 & 7.  Whether the beam is a drag strut or not, these provisions still have to be met and usually it is done with something that looks like a drag strut.

Jim Persing, PE