frost heave

Title: Message
I am looking for any references or input on designing a p.t. slab in an area that typically requires frost protection down to 24".  I am wondering if the slab could be designed to resist the heaving forces from the possible frost lenses.  And if so, what sort of criteria could we design the slab for to approximate those loads?

I am designing the structure, and consulting with a p.t. engineer out of Ca, so they do not have any idea of what those loads would need to be.

Any recommendations would be most welcome.

Patrick Clark, P.E.

Building Concepts, Inc.

1228 Pep Circle

Gardnerville, NV 89410