From: Pat Clark [mailto:bcinc(--nospam--at)nanosecond.com]
Sent: Monday, October 13, 2003 12:56 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: frost heave

I am looking for any references or input on designing a p.t. slab in an area
that typically requires frost protection down to 24".  I am wondering if the
slab could be designed to resist the heaving forces from the possible frost
lenses.  And if so, what sort of criteria could we design the slab for to
approximate those loads?

I am designing the structure, and consulting with a p.t. engineer out of Ca,
so they do not have any idea of what those loads would need to be.

Any recommendations would be most welcome.

Patrick Clark, P.E.

Building Concepts, Inc.

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns =
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />1228 Pep Circle

Gardnerville, NV 89410

(775) 782-8886 x22

(775) 782-8833 fax