RE: Is 'List Server' up or down

Sure.

They can fix it so that every time the List Server goes down, the List
Server will send out one last email letting us know.

Something like:

"Help, I can't......gaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!"

(Reminds me of a joke.

Guy visits his friend, sits chatting with him in his living room, but every
ten seconds or so the friend picks up the telephone and says "Hello?",
listens for a second then hangs up, resuming the conversation. This happens
every ten or twelve seconds, starts to drive the guy nuts.

The guy finally can restrain himself no longer. "What the **** are you
doing, answering the phone repeatedly like that? There's no one on the other
end!"

The friend explains, "yeah, but the ringer's broken, so I can't tell, can
I?")

William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
Katy, Texas USA