RE: Hyatt Regency Collapse (was:E: Plan Check (was Re: Rigid Wood Diaphragm?)

According to Dov Kaminetzky's book,"Design and
Construction Failures", the original design detail
could not support safely support the load. It had a
safety factor of 0.6. Perhaps a good plan checker
could have recognized this and saved 113 lives.
Irv Fruchtman, PE

--- "Stuart, Matthew" <mStuart(--nospam--at)schoordepalma.com>