Q: Flatness Tolerances for Residential Slab

Although I’m willing to do my own research, I thought I’d try the lazy man’s way, and ask here:

What are the governing standards one can cite for the flatness of a residential slab on grade foundation?

Is there anything specific in IBC/IRC? Or would ACI be the place to go?

I’ve got a residential slab foundation that varies more than 3” in elevation between high and low, has “canyons” and saddleback ridges, etc. I need to know how to ding the contractor for this, chapter and verse.

Thanks.

William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.

Polhemus Engineering Company

Katy, Texas USA