Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Avo wrt ACI 318 Appendix D[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Avo wrt ACI 318 Appendix D
- From: "Shapton & Partners" <shapton(--nospam--at)nwlink.com>
- Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 10:27:54 -0700
I have asked this question before. One time I think I sent it incorrectly or to the wrong place. Another time the server went down - I hope this question was not the cause. If somebody would take the time to set me straight on this I would really appreciate it.
Equation D-22 sets Avo as a function of C1. Avo is also defined wrt an anchor remote from edges ( C1 approaches infinity). Figure RD.6.2.1 (plan view) appears to require C2 to be equal to 1.5 x C1to eliminate the parallel edge influence on Avo. The way I am reading this is that the C1 dimension for an isolated anchor would always be h/1.5 per D.6.2.4.
Example: C1 =20 feet, C2 = 20 feet. C1 and C2 are both large but as C2 is not equal to 1.5xC1 or 30 feet, the full breakout cone , in plan view, cannot be developed. Also if the depth of the slab is not 30 feet, the slab bottom becomes the third influencing edge and D.6.2.4 or h/1.5 controls.
Except for this Avo business Appendix D appears pretty similar to Shipp and Hanginger (AISC 2nd qtr., 1983).
Thanks for any help, Jack Shapton
- Prev by Subject: automated response
- Next by Subject: Fw: Avo wrt ACI 318 Appendix D
- Previous by thread: List Server Problem: On most of the emails that I get the only th ing that shows up is (see below):
- Next by thread: Fw: Avo wrt ACI 318 Appendix D