Seismic Load Factors

Two questions on load factors for seismic design:  For the design of
concrete or masonry, UBC97 (on which the upcoming SE2 exam is based) in
Section 1612.2 mandates a multiplier of 1.1 on all elements of any
combination including seismic load.

PCA's textbook, "Design of Concrete Buildings for Earthquake and Wind
Forces," mentions that the 1.1 factor was slated for review and possible
elimination in a revision.

1.  Did this revision ever get made, or does UBC97 still stand with the
1.1 factor?  (I don't care about the IBC right now--the test is on
UBC97.)  I notice it was removed from the California version of the UBC.

2.  Are there any other mystery factors buried in the code for masonry?

Thanks for your help.

Mike Hemstad
TKDA
St. Paul, Minnesota