RE: Concrete Text Books

Nilson's book is a continuation of the line of concrete texts started by
Urquart & O'Rourke, and continued on as Urquart, O'Rourke & Winter, and then
had several permutations of the author's names, now with Nilson appearing as
the senior author.

Urquart, O'Rourke & Winter was the text that was used for the elementary
reinforced concrete course that I took in school, but I don't think that I
ever referred to it until after I got out of school, however, I do think
that it is a very good book.  The lecture notes were sufficient to do
assigned problems, which didn't come from the text either.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Gerard Madden asked:

. > Is the Nilson book good?