RE: Concrete Text Books

Syed,

I went to Cornell University's web site (www.cornell.edu) ---> College of
Engineering ---> Electronic Directory and did a search for Arthur Nilson.  It
indicates that he is living in Massachusetts (snail mail address is given)
and is retired, although he is still carried on Cornell's faculty as
professor emeritus.

HTH

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Syed Faiz wrote:

. > I have known this book, "Design of Concrete Structures; Winter & Nilson"
. > ever since I opened my eyes as an Engineer (Bachelor's in 1979 & Masters
. > in 1982)and I am sure it existed even some 10 years before this.

. > My question is: Though I wish him a long and healthy life (amen!!), is
. > Prof. Arthur Nilson alive? If yes, how old is he now and which University
. > he is associated with now. His latest book that I have with me is the
. > 12th Edition of 1997 (with David Darwin as partner)and this mentions his
. > current association as: Professor Emeritus, Structural Engineering,
. > Cornell University. Secondly: whatever happened to Prof. Winter, his first
. > partner of the book?

. > I'll appreciate any input on this. Best regards,

. > Syed Faiz Ahmad; MEngg, M.ASCE
. > Senior Structural Engineer
. > Saudi Oger Ltd
. > Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.