Horizontal bracing seismic provisions (AISC or IBC)

In steel buildings where there is horizontal steel bracing at the roof
level, instead of a steel deck or concrete slab diaphragm, what seismic
requirements would apply? Say this is a building in IBC Seismic Design
Category D, where the AISC Seismic provisions apply.

There are plenty of design provisions for diaphragms in the IBC, and
plenty of design provisions for the vertical bracing system (whether
bracing or moment frames) in the AISC Seismic Provisions, but I don't
see requirements for horizontal bracing.
I'm wondering about things like restrictions on tension only bracing,
kl/r limits, width/thickness limits, etc.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Rick Burch
Columbia, SC