From: Nels Roselund, SE [mailto:njineer(--nospam--at)att.net]
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 6:20 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Concrete Text Books

I've appreciated Edward G. Nawy since the mid-80's when his paper on flexural crack control was the only thing useful that I could find on the subject; it helped me understand the principles of flexural cracking.  His approach was adopted into ACI 318.  It has since been modified, but his work helped me a lot on one of my most memorable projects, so I'm grateful.

My writing would be pretty bad too, if my reports weren't proofread by Linda Roselund [of apple pie renown] -- more and more to be grateful for.

Nels Roselund
Structural Engineer
South San Gabriel, CA
njineer(--nospam--at)att.net