From: dfisher(--nospam--at)fpse.com [mailto:dfisher(--nospam--at)fpse.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2003 8:39 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Job Check lists

I agree with you, Jake...

It seems that you could get so caught up in the "list" that you
might miss something critical that maybe "didn't make the list".

Our QC proceedure is that we periodically "exchange" drawings amongst the
various engineers (In-house) for a fresh set of eyes; after that, our
studio head,  senior engineer and i review them in progress...this happens
one more time before they go out the door.

On the bigger projects, the owner or owner's financing source requires a
peer review. Peer reviews are also required by several states (e.,g., Mass.)

Personally, i haven't found these very helpful in QC issues.

The City of Chicago has attempted to insitute peer reviews as part of the
permitting process (in lieu of reviewing it "in-house")...That has been an
unmitigated disaster...OUR experience anyway...

I can rant about this topic for hours...i won't bore you all with it.

Have a good day, everyone.

dlf