Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Masonry lap splice[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Masonry lap splice
- From: "Kestner, James W." <jkestner(--nospam--at)somervilleinc.com>
- Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 09:22:33 -0600
I was very surprised also and mentioned it to several other engineers. Effectively, it will prevent engineers from using bars larger than #5's.
I can see requiring the larger laps when the bar is close to the face of the masonry, but not when it is in the center of the wall.
Will this force us to use couplers or provide confining reinforcement when we have large bars?
From: HBAP(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:HBAP(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2003 9:08 AM
Subject: Masonry lap splice
- Prev by Subject: Re: Masonry lap splice
- Next by Subject: Masonry lap splice
- Previous by thread: Re: Masonry lap splice
- Next by thread: Masonry lap splice