Residential Roof Diaphragms

I've just been to Thor Matteson's promotional website (
www.shearwalls.com <http://www.shearwalls.com> ) and found the .pdf
Appendix to his book fascinating.  I spent some time with some simple
Risa models and was surprised to see that with a rafter & ridgebeam type
gable roof with vaulted ceiling (as opposed to truss or rafters with
ties), a relatively stiff ridgebeam attracts uplift with ONLY the the
horizontal wind loads (projected area method).  I've never accounted for
that before.  It seems to be a complex problem depending on the relative
deflection of the ridgebeam compared to diaphragm.

But here's a question: are there any good books or papers out there on
design of folded diaphragms, i.e. most residential roofs?  If not this
could be your next book Thor...

Ed Tornberg, PE
Blazer Industries, Inc.

Aumsville, OR