From: Jake Watson [mailto:jake_watson(--nospam--at)comcast.net]
Sent:
Wednesday, October 29, 2003 8:48 PM
To:
seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Glulam Roof Girders in a Tilt-Up

Maybe I painted a poor picture.  It looks something like this (monospaced font):

Load here            no load here

           \   |   /

            \  |  /

             \ | /

              \|/

Splice or no splice at the column, it will induce bending when the reaction to the left kicker is bigger than the right.

Jake Watson, P.E.

Salt Lake City, UT