steel formdeck as shearwall?

I have a project that will be a 6 story hotel.  The Architect wants to use light gauge studs and hollow core planks.  I want to use load bearing masonry and hollow core planks.  I will likely lose out on my choice.  We can't use plywood as shear walls due to combustibility.  I have never seen form deck used, but it's roughly the same thickness as plywood and can act as a roof diaphragm.  It seems like it would work as a shearwall too.  The job is in Birmingham, AL under SBC99, so seismic isn't much of an issue.

Have any of you seen this stuff used for shear walls?

Thanks,

John C. Jones, PE
Barnett Associates
Pell City, AL