Old concrete masonry

I am working on the remodeling of a building built in Los Angeles in
1951.  It is a steel framed building with reinforced concrete block
shear walls.  All the shear walls are reinforced with #4 at 24 inches
each way.  The existing plans note the strength of concrete,
reinforcing, and steel, but not the masonry.

The masonry is noted as "conforming to the requirements for Grade "A"
units of standard specifications for hollow load-bearing concrete
masonry units ASTM designation C-90 as revised to date."  The plans also
note that continuous inspection by a Registered Deputy Inspector is
required.

Does anyone have any guidance as to how strong this masonry might be, or
what steps to take to find out?

Thanks for any help.

Mike Hemstad, P.E.
TKDA