Re: Special Inspection

Roger:

Special Inspection is referenced in the 1927 UBC.  I used that fact on a construction manager type a few years ago when he was posturing for the owner saying "this must be something new because I have never heard of such a thing.  It must be something the engineers cooked up to increase their fees."  To say he ended up looking a little embarrassed when I pulled out the '27 code and showed it to him and the owner is an understatement.

Mel