ASCE wind load question

If a rigid structure is < 60 ft and MRH>LLD, is the use of equation 6-15 (low rise structures) and 6-16 (rigid buildings of all heights) merely a designer preference?

I design several houses where the LLD<MRH, and hence IBC “simple” method (as well as ASCE eq 6-15) is not an option due to code requirements.  However, I also design houses that fit within the criteria for these “simpler methods”.  I would like to use ASCE eq 6-15 for each case - so that I can develop a standard that meets both types of projects.

Are there any downfalls, code compliance issues, etc. that I am overlooking?

Andy Richardson, P.E.
Bluffton, SC