Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: concrete tanks[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: concrete tanks
- From: "Sherman, William" <ShermanWC(--nospam--at)cdm.com>
- Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 10:14:21 -0500
William C. Sherman, PE
CDM, Denver, CO
From: brian stanley [mailto:bstanley(--nospam--at)morabitoconsultants.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 6:17 AM
Subject: concrete tanks
It is my understanding that ACI 350 contains recommendations as to crack widths/z-factor for water retaining structures. What is the required crack width/z-factor for water retaining structures? If someone has ACI 350, would anyone be willing to fax me that part of the code? Does it make sense to use epoxy-coated rebar? Are there special kinds of curing/sealing compounds that should be used? Is silane based sealant with 40% alkytrialkoxsilane (typically used in parking garages) appropriate? For reference, I am working on a ice/water tank which will be filled with water and then chilled over and over again.
Thanks for the help.
- Prev by Subject: concrete tanks
- Next by Subject: FW: concrete tanks
- Previous by thread: concrete tanks
- Next by thread: FW: concrete tanks