From: Paul Feather [mailto:pfeather(--nospam--at)SE-Solutions.net]
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 10:54 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: SE Tests

California has some of the hardest requirements to become an SE, and
then some of the least restrictive requirements as to when the engineer
must be an SE.  This is something that needs to change.

Nevada requires an SE for anything over 30 ft from tip of highest point
to bottom of foundation.  Arizona has a PE-Structural, which is similar
in many respects in that at least a structural background is required
for the design of structures.

Oregon has an SE requirement, as does Washington, in addition to those
you listed.  Both are more restrictive than California.

Paul Feather PE, SE
pfeather(--nospam--at)SE-Solutions.net
www.SE-Solutions.net