From: Jason Kilgore [mailto:jkilgore(--nospam--at)leok.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 2:54 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Aluminum

Thanks for the quick responses.  Also, I got more information - a guy in our
office is checking some handrail shop drawings, and wanted to verify sizes.

The material is 6061-T6, and I found an older reference in the office that
lists the allowable bending stress for tubes to be 24 ksi.  Does this sound
right?

FYI, the AA "Aluminum Design Manual" is $210 at the Aluminum Association web
site http://www.aluminum.org/

----
Jason Kilgore
Leigh & O'Kane, L.L.C.