Re: CA SE / SE2

I hear you on the pencil bit.  For what ever reason, Washington had the
Struct III exam administered by NCEES last year.  This meant that we had
to use their pencils.  And the pencils that they supplied SUCKED!  The
lead kept breaking or sliding back up into the pencil.  This year I was
able to use my own pencil.  I could understand the reason a little more if
it was a multiple guess scantron test...NCEES would want to "cover"
themselves to make sure that everyone was using pencils with lead that the
scanners would recognize.  But on an "essay" test, it did not make sense
to me (although the pencil-like scanner reason does make some sense now
that you mention it).

Regards,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI