From: brian stanley [mailto:bstanley(--nospam--at)morabitoconsultants.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 4:17 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: concrete tanks

It is my understanding that ACI 350 contains recommendations as to crack widths/z-factor for water retaining structures.  What is the required crack width/z-factor for water retaining structures?  If someone has ACI 350, would anyone be willing to fax me that part of the code?  Does it make sense to use epoxy-coated rebar?  Are there special kinds of curing/sealing compounds that should be used?  Is silane based sealant with 40% alkytrialkoxsilane (typically used in parking garages) appropriate?  For reference, I am working on a ice/water tank which will be filled with water and then chilled over and over again.

Thanks for the help.

Brian Stanley
Baltimore, Md