RE: SE Tests

Actually, you can do quite a lot in Illinois without the SE I/II exams.
There are lots of nice museums, restaurants, and other sites to see...

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

To be more serious, you can actually do structural engineering in Illinois
without the SE I/II exams...if you are a licensed architect.  And you can
do very minimal "incendental" structural work with a PE license, if memory
serves me correct...just as someone with a SE license can do very minimal
"incendental" civil work without a PE license, again if memory serves me
correctly.

Regards,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI