RE: Sick Profession?

Ed Tornberg wrote:

"We at least need to face that fact that it's possible our cheese is
being moved."

Ed:

I agree!  Actually, our cheese has always been moving.  It is a process
called evolution, and it is unstoppable.  It can be a good thing, or a
bad thing, depending on how an engineer deals with it.

A couple of years ago, every manager in our firm was given a book
entitled "Who Moved My Cheese?" by Spencer Johnson, M.D.  I recommend
that everyone buy a copy of this $20 bestseller and read it at least
twice.  It is only 94 pages long, with really big print, so it should be
suitable for engineers at all levels <grin>.

Once an engineer accepts the concept that change is inevitable and
begins dealing with it in a constructive way, life improves measurably.

Stan R. Caldwell, P.E.
Dallas, Texas

"How 'bout them Cowboys?!"
          ...Jimmy Johnson