From: John C. Jones [mailto:john(--nospam--at)struct-engr.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 4:46 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Regional permitting differences - calculations

>From the list I understand that calcs are submitted in addition to
drawings in California.  I know that Miami requires calcs from work I've
done down there.  The only place in the Southeast that I have run across
this is a county north of Atlanta.

Where else are calculations required as part of the permitting process?
How about peer review?  I have never run across this in the Southeast.

John C. Jones, PE
Barnett Associates
Pell City, AL
205-884-5334