Fwd: FW: Building Code Complexity

From: "Stuart, Matthew" <mStuart(--nospam--at)schoordepalma.com>
To: "'pesepeng(--nospam--at)hotmail.com'" <pesepeng(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
Subject: FW: Building Code Complexity
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 06:45:56 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Stuart, Matthew
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Sent: 11/6/2003 4:53 PM
Subject: RE: Building Code Complexity

I think you could have developed some kind of preliminary conservative
reactions to design your foundations around in the time it took to write
your email!

Some manufacturers have software that they make available for
preliminary sizing of reactions for standard building configurations at
no cost (Contact ABC in Dothan, AL).

In either case just indicate on the CD that the foundations should not
be cast until the actual reactions are provided by the selected vendor
and educate your client that some re-design may be required at that
conjuncture (read add service) or be sure to include such an effort in
your fee.

D. Matthew Stuart, P.E., S.E., P.Eng.
Senior Project Manager
Structural Department