Hanger Reinforcement - Precast Spandrels

Hi!
Can I apply 'Ash= Vu/phi fy x m', Eq 4.5.6 of PCI Design Handbook 5th Ed
 for the spot corbel on spandrel (not continuous ledge beam)?
This modification factor m adds too many rebars;
 generally speaking 50-60% more than when Vu/phi fy is used.
Does Canadian PCI Design Manual adopt this formula also?
--
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Search Smarter - get the new eXact Search Bar for free!
http://www.exactsearchbar.com/