From: Dan Boltz [mailto:dboltz(--nospam--at)mckinleyassoc.com]
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2003 7:27 AM
To: SEAINT
Subject: Relative Rigity Calculations?

How is the relative rigidity calculated for a chevron brace?  The building
I'm looking at has masonry shearwalls and a possible chevron brace may be
required in one corner of the building.

What is the best software for calculating the relative rigidities of
shearwalls and braces?  I've been told that RAM Steel will calculate
relative rigidity for just about any lateral system and distribute the
lateral loads accordingly.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.
Dan