Interstory Drift and the Wind Directionality Factor

I have read the commentary to ASCE 7-98/02 regarding the basis for the wind directionality factor, and I understand that it is only to be applied in conjunction with ASCE 7 load cominations.  However, since the intent of the directionality factor is to account for (1) the reduced probability of maximum winds coming from any given direction, and (2) the reduced probability of the maximum pressure coefficient occurring for any given wind direction, I am considering whether it is appropriate to use Kd=0.85 when considering interstory wind drift.  I would be interested in hearing the viewpoints of others on this issue.

Furthermore, I am applying reccomendations in ASCE 7 to evaluate interstory drift on the basis of reduced (ten-year recurrence interval) winds.  I would be interested to know what range of allowable interstory drifts others are using.

Thank you,
Chris Conrad, P.E.
Glastonbury, CT  06033
conrad(--nospam--at)slamcoll.com