Re: SICK PROFESSION

Scott:

Well said! I have been reading this thread. Although it seems to change direction from "sending work overseas" to "Hiring foreign workers (H-1B)". These are two different issues and mixing them in one thread is confusing the issue.

Recently I was in India and met a business man on my plane ride. He owned a chain of Indian fast food restaurants and was complaining about Indian government allowing foreign business such as McDonald and Burger King to do business in India. This person ended up loosing most of his restaurants because he couldn't keep up with the competition. The point is, we are all complaining and trying to adjust to this new global economy.

Sending work to foreign countries should be left up to the business man not regulated by governments. That is what capitalism is all about. How many of us have purchased clothes, computers etc. based on where they were manufactured? The fact is we all look for the best deal in every aspect of our life. So lets stop complaining about companies sending work to foreign countries. Rather spend that time marketing our services and products to countries like Russia, China, India, Malaysia. There are a lot of people there you know, and we all could make a lot of money.

H1-B is altogether a different issue. Here are some facts that you must know:
1. There is a cap to the number of foreign workers that can come to US. The current cap is 65,000 per year.

2. A H1-B worker does not become a permanent resident automatically and does not jump ahead of others. There is a separate cap for green cards. Those caps are per country and issued based on date applied.

Thats is my take on it.

Shafat