Re: RE: pre engineered metal building detailing

Tuesday, November 11, 2003, 8:14:01 AM, you wrote:

JCJ> They
JCJ> say that timing is everything!

I wonder how much money is saved by outsourcing the detailing. We do
work for a VERY large retailer(the largest). Their main steel
fabricator outsources a majority of the detailing to China - we get a
large number of RFI's - thereby increasing our time - not to mention
the odd syntax utilized by the detailers. (I'm sure their English is
much better than my Mandarin.)

I conversed w/the liaison/owner at a recent vendor meeting.  He stated
that he had 4 offices in China at various locations and had over a
hundred detailers - wonder if he paid for all of his detailing
packages?

I guess the next step after outsourcing the detailing is to outsource
the engineering.  Time to learn Mandarin?

Best regards,
 Mike Jones, P.E.