From: Bill Polhemus bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 04:36:28 -0600
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: SICK PROFESSION

It has been established that the role of government--at least as far as the
American experiment is concerned--is to ensure life, liberty and the pursuit
of happiness. At least, I seem to recall reading that somewhere.

Unfortunately it has become an unquestionable political truism that
government must ensure, not merely the PURSUIT of happiness, but happiness
itself. That's where we have departed from our original, correct principles,
and why we are in the mess we're in, whether you're talking about taxes,
intrusive government regulation, or what-have-you.

William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
Katy, Texas USA