RE: Fire Rating for Canopy - IBC 2000

See 2000 IBC section 3105.  The canopy material must comply with NFPA 701 or shall have a flame spread rating not greater than 25 per ASTM E84.  Please there are (rated) construction requirements which are found in 3105.2

-----Original Message-----
From: Terry Triest [mailto:tatriest(--nospam--at)hayeslarge.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 11:45 AM
To: Seaint
Subject: Fire Rating for Canopy - IBC 2000

I have an exterior canopy (15' high) which cantilevers over a low roof.  The supporting columns which carry the cantilever also support lowroof steel.

My question is, "Does the canopy require the same fire-rating as the roof, or is it exempt?  If it is exempt, where can I find the clause in IBC 2000?"

Terry Triest, EIT
Structural Department
Hayes Large Architects, LLP
P: 814-940-4041