Re: A706 & A615 Reinfocement

I have not checked pricing recently but the cost use to depend on your project location.  On the West Coast where A706 is required by the CBC/UBC for seismic and welding applications the price is probably the same or cheaper due to availability.  In low seismic areas I would expect you would pay a premium for A706 rebar.  The best thing is to just call a rebar shop.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
ABS Consulting

SE3949 <se3949(--nospam--at)yahoo.com>

11/12/2003 10:35 AM

Please respond to
<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>

seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
cc
Subject
A706 & A615 Reinfocement

I was told that more and more Engineer specified A706 (instead of A615) reinforcement for general concrete construction (footing, walls, columns, beams, slabs...) because the prices are about the same. Is this true?

Do you Yahoo!?