RE: Shear tranfer from roof diaphragm to shearwalls with eaves?

Dan,

	When using pre-eng roof trusses (or even rafters and joist for that
matter), you should still provide a continuous load path to the foundation.
I always use blocking between them.  Your shear load is in the diaphragm,
and the only way to get it to the top plate is through blocking.  Another
option is to design your connectors to handle both uplift and lateral
	As far as the building size, the Building Code is very specific as to the
minimum requirements for lateral support.

Brian K. Smith, P.E.