From: Daryl Richardson [mailto:h.d.richardson(--nospam--at)shaw.ca]
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2003 10:57 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: pool wall design

Pat,

        You probably know this but just in case you don't here's a reminder.  One of the most important considerations in pool design is to accommodate or eliminate uplift due to buoyancy for pool empty - water table high.  Subsurface drains and/or projecting the pool bottom to enable backfill weight to be included are possible solutions.

Regards,

H. Daryl Richardson

Pat Clark wrote:

 I am looking for additional references on designing pool walls.  We have started by analyzing these walls as cantilevered retaining wall, but this does not consider the curvature at the bottom of the pool, and additional hardened overcoats on the pool walls, etc. Also, any input for my specifications about leaving pools in a drained conditioned, etc. would be greatly appreciated. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
Patrick Clark, P.E.

Building Concepts, Inc.

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />1228 Pep Circle

GardnervilleNV89410

(775) 782-8886 x22

(775) 782-8833 fax