From: RlrroseCRSI(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:RlrroseCRSI(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent:
Thursday, November 13, 2003 1:30 PM
To:
spragueho(--nospam--at)bv.com
Subject: Re: A706 bar vs. A615 bar

Hi Harold,

Your question was very timely - we just had our annual fall business meting with all of our members in Chicago this week.  One of the topics was A706 vs. A615 bar.  Currently there is an average of an "upcharge" for A706 of about $20.00 per ton on top of the price of A615.  I would say that the average cost per ton for rebar is between $480 - 520/ton for A615 so the additional cost or upcharge would be very small.  I'm curious, can you tell me the basis for your question?  I look forward to hearing from you.  If you like, my local phone number is 913/351-3584.  Thank you for your interest.

Rick Rose

Richard (Rick) L. Rose  P.E.
Central States & Great Lakes Regional Manager
Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute
rlrroseCRSI(--nospam--at)aol.com