simpson

in an effort to start technical discussions again...

has anyone been using the combined interactions for simpson "straps and
ties" - ie. h1, h10, etc...?  the 2003 catalog talks about combining uplift,
in plane, and out of plane effects.  this puts a serious demand on the
connection.  one of my colleagues can't envision the interaction, but it
makes sense to me.