Re: Uplift on Belled Drilled Pier

Brent,

Which edition of Bowle's do you have.  I have the 5th edition.  I can't
find this information.  Section 16-13 discussed static pile capacity.
Section 16-14 discusses tension piles but I don't find the text you give.
 It discusses a factor called Ppb which is the pullout capacity of the
bell but goes on to state most tension piles are straight shafts and
don't have bells.  Then it never mentions it again.  My section 4-11 is
"Bearing Capacity using the Cone Penetration Test".

Thanks for your help.

Rich

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!