From: Roger Turk [mailto:73527.1356(--nospam--at)compuserve.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2003 02:35 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: pool wall design

Ohhh, man ....

. > Would it be fair to say list several alternatives to prevent the . >
uplift... say drains, extra weight, or simply not draining the pool when
. > the soil is saturated?

nobody's gonna read it, and if anyone does read it, it's not going to be
the
person that drains the pool when the ground is saturated and the water
table
is 6-inches below the ground surface.

Design for the conditions, plus some extra, and have some peace of mind
that
you don't have to explain to anyone why a pool popped up out of the
ground
when you knew it would if it was drained.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona